*Specialty levels for students needing or wanting special skills
Why Our Swim School May Be What You Have Been Looking For
1. Specialize in the fearful student. Our program specializes in the fearful student, and allows the student time to overcome their fear of the water and successfully learn how to swim and survive in the water.
2. Before we teach a student to swim a stroke, we teach them how to survive a fall into the water.
3.Teachers train yearly and not every two to eight years to be up on new ideas and techniques in aquatics.
4. Teachers are hired first for their caring personalities and second for their skills. Students are comfortable with our teachers.
5. Students know that there are levels to our program and so there is something always to keep them interested in learning.
6. No forced submersion. No one is ever forced to go under water. They do it on their own, when they are ready.
7. Small classes of 4 to 8 students depending on levels.
8. Knowledgeable office staff that can give you correct information the first time about swimming instruction.
9. Communication with, and education of, the parents on the students abilities. We help you to understand how your child is progressing and what you can do to assist.
10. Compassionate teachers and staff that understand that not all people love the water, but that it is a necessary life skill that all people learn to survive in the water.
Star Fish Swimming Academy offers swimming instruction to children and adults. Our terrific programs have something to offer the novice to the advanced level swimmers. Caring and highly skilled instructors teach with compassion and fun in mind. Swimming is an ageless sport that can be enjoyed by all!
From blowing bubbles to butterfly and flip turns, we offer teachers that are qualified and trained in current strokes and swimming styles. Our classes address safety issues and help young students to start thinking about the concerns for safety while being in and around water.
Anyone can teach swimming lessons in a pool;but not just anyone can be a teacher at Starfish Swimming Academy! Our teachers train for over 40 hours each spring and have continuing education through out the season to assure your child is being taught the most up to date swimming instruction available.
Check us out on Facebook! Like us to get up to date announcements on registration for classes and more!
Be sure to go to our Facebook page and "Like" it. Families doing so then can retrieve a discount code by messaging us to receive a discount on registration fees for the 2nd and 3rd child registering. This discount can only be used for students who have not been one of our students before. Current students can also "Like" our page for any future discounts and events that they can qualify for.
Want to know what questions parents are asking about our program? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions about Star Fish Swimming Academy page. And if you do not find the answer to your question, then give us a call at 580-256-3262. If your call rolls to voicemail, it means that we are on the phone with another parent inquiring about our terrific programs. So please leave a message!
Study Shows Children That Learn To Swim At A Young Age Have Developmental Advantages
An article that outlines preliminary results of a study at Griffith University in Queensland reveal that children who learn how to swim at a young age have physical, social, intellectual and language development advantages compared to the non-swimmers. For more information on this study, please click here.
Learning To Swim Is More Than Bubbles And Paddling Around!
A great swimming program offers more than just learning to hold the breath, blowing bubbles, paddling the arms and kicking the feet. A great swimming program takes the time to educate the student (and parents) about safety issues around water. And a great program reminds parents and students that the dangers of water is year round.
Always select a program that teaches how to make smart choices around water and not just learning to swim. Learning to swim is not a way of making your child drown proof. Nothing actually ever is. That is why at Star Fish Swimming Academy we stress to our students about making smart choices around water. We stress an education of never swimming without supervision and we go further than "make sure there is a lifeguard".
On May 24, 2010 the American Academy of Pediatrics changed their policy for swimming lessons for children under four years of age. Their new recommendation is that children ages one through four years should participate in formal swimming instruction. They also state that all young children should learn to swim and studies are now showing that early water instruction can help a young child in dangeroues water situations. They also have some great guidlines listed for parents to know. Read more about this ground breaking decision by clicking the link below!